GETTING TO CAPE TRIBULATION
From Cairns (allow 3 hrs), take Sheridan Street (which becomes the Captain Cook Highway) north out of Cairns and follow the highway - a spectacular coastal drive - past the Northern Beaches, past the turn off to Port Douglas and through the town of Mossman.
From Port Douglas (allow 2 hrs), take the main Port Douglas Road out to the Captain Cook Highway and turn right towards the town of Mossman.
From Mossman (allow 1 ½ hrs), follow the main road north through Mossman and exit the town following signs to Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Park.
25km north of Mossman, opposite Crossroads Cafe on the left, take the right hand turn signposted to Cape Tribulation National Park and Ferry Crossing.
The ferry across the Daintree River operates from 6am to midnight daily and costs $27 return per vehicle (eftpos facilities available from 9-5pm but cash only outside these times). When you drive off the ferry, follow the main Cape Tribulation Road north for approximately 45 minutes, until you enter Cape Tribulation.
Once in Cape Tribulation, take a left hand turn onto Camelot Close and then a right hand turn onto Nicole Drive. Follow Nicole Drive to the top and Black Palm Boutique Accommodation is located on the left of the road.
Bookings are essential and entry to the property is by pre-booked guests only.
RV's and trailers are not recommended due to parking space restrictions.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR SELF DRIVE ITINERARY
- Stop at the Rex lookout just north of Cairns for spectacular views of the Coral Sea and mountain range
- Do a self guided walk & have a swim at Mossman Gorge National Park or take a guided 1.5hr tour with a Kuku Yalanji aboriginal guide to see sacred sites, cave paintings, traditional plant use and have billy tea and damper.
- Go croc spotting on a Daintree River cruise, or on Cooper Creek with Cape Trib Wilderness Cruises.
- Stop at the Alexandra Range look out (approx. 10 minutes after the ferry) for spectacular views out to the mouth of the Daintree River, Snapper Island and the Coral Sea
- Learn more with interactive displays, aerial walkways and the Canopy Tower of the Daintree Discovery Centre
- Enjoy the scenic and very winding road through the oldest rainforest in the world. Keep a lookout for cassowaries, pademelons (small kangaroos) and monitor lizards.
- Check out the Jindalba and Marrdja boardwalks on the way to Cape Tribulation, or once you’re here take Dubuji Boardwalk through rainforest and mangroves to the beach.
- Stop for ice cream at the Daintree Ice Cream Company or Floravilla to try delicious and unusual exotic flavours.
- Curl your toes in the beautiful white sands of our gorgeous tropical beaches – discover the ‘secret’ beach at the north end of Cow Bay Beach or walk south on Thorntons beach to the mouth of Coopers Creek for magnificent views of Thorntons Peak